Monday, June 14, 2010

When you wish upon a star


Last night Ben and I lay looking up into a black sky filled with stars. Our bodies sunk into a yellow bean-bag mat and he draped an arm across me. As we took in the mystery and majesty of the immense sky, our breathing slowed.


"If you see a shooting star, you can make a wish," said the recreation therapist leading us through our simulated journey into space in the Snoezelen room.


"I wish I could walk," said a young boy.


"I wish my mom and dad would get back together," said another boy.


"I wish," Ben signed, and then he made the sign for "home."

4 comments:

What beautiful wishes I hope they all can come true.

I agree with Sherry C. I hope so, too. ♥

May this third wish (or comment) be the charm!

Dearest Louise,

The greatest thing about Ben's wish is at that precise moment, "You were thinking the exact some thing." Soon, when rehab is over, the two of you will get your wish.

love
matt